After the success of Programming Challenge 1 I finally present Programming Challenge 2. The intent of this challenge is to create a program that uses multi-threading.
Here is the Challenge:
Write a winform ASCII game that with these properties:
- It has a game grid that is 5x5.
- The player should be represented as a plus sign “+” located in the second row from the top.
- The player is able to move the + from side to side.
- A row of 4 minus signs “-” and one blank space, should be randomly generated at the bottom of the 5x5 grid, and move up (giving the perception that the user is falling down).
- Every 1/4 of a second, the row of minuses should move up one row until it disappears off the top of the grid and another 1/4 second late, a new one will appear at the bottom.
- Play continues until the + sign attempts to occupy the same space as a minus sign. When this happens, the minus sign should be replaced by an “X”. This can happen by either:
- falling down on top of a minus.
- Or moving right or left into a minus. After play ends, display a score to the player which is the number of minus rows successfully avoided.
Should look something like this when completed:
And with an end game that looks like this:
Good luck and happy falling!
* Legal Notice * These Programming Challenges
shall not be reproduced in any form without my express written consent.